Friday, January 28, 2011

LEE HARVEY OSWALD'S MIDNIGHT PRESS CONFERENCE

Lee Harvey Oswald was arraigned for killing officer Tippit at 7:10 p.m. (CST) on Friday evening, November 22, 1963.

Dallas detectives accompany Lee Harvey Oswald to the basement of police headquarters for a "midnight" press conference.





Oswald is asked if he shot the President.  He answers in a calm tone of voice:


"No Sir, I have not been charged with that.  The first thing I heard about it was when a reporter in the hall asked me that question."

Oswald goes on to say that he was "questioned by a judge.  I protested at that time that I was not allowed legal representation during that very short and sweet hearing."

He asks that "someone to come forward and give me legal assistance".


As he is taken back to his cell a reporter asks how he got the bruise above his eye.  Oswald leans into the microphone & says:  "A policeman hit me."